Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hoi An

We just spent 2 days in Hoi An. It seems like it would be very charming here. Unfortunately, it's pretty much poured for the past 2 days. Our cycling trip around town and the rice fields was cancelled. Instead, we shopped! Hoi An is known for tailored clothes that can be turned around in less than a day. We worked with 5 tailors in less than 48 hours - it was crazy. I was so excited to help design a dress for Caroline's wedding in June. I can't wait to wear it. We also bought skirts, capris, work pants and more. We also had an amazing dinner at The Mango Room. The best we've had yet in Vietnam! So far I like the food in Thailand much better than Vietnam. Dana is being good about trying everything, but I've been sneaking in a fair amount of pizza and french fries (but doing my best!). We do love the mango and banana fruit shakes though and we have yummy banana pancakes every morning for breakfast. Today we took a boat ride on the river. The sky was gray but seeing the water buffalo and local fisherman made it worth it!

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear of your travels! I can't wait to see your dress. Hugs to you both!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete