Saturday, August 15, 2009

Prayer and Precious moments with friends


This week I enjoyed a wonderful tapas dinner with my friend Sondra. Sondra and I have been friends for almost 20 years - I almost can't comprehend that because I still remember so clearly the night we met! We met at a friend's house where we ended up hot tubbing as it was snowing outside - such a cool experience if you ever have the chance... As an avid runner with 3 kids Sondra leads a full life, so every moment with her is a gift!

Today Dana and I spent 4 hours in prayer. It was an assignment for a class that he's taking at church, but I decided to do it too. It was really an incredible experience. I completed my personal testimony of how I gave control of my life to Jesus Christ, prayed personally for each of our family members and friends and spent time mentally preparing for my upcoming volunteer trip. Dana dove into "The Purpose Driven Life" and studied the act of prayer altogether. Even though we had to give up our traditional Saturday morning pancakes : ), we both got a lot out of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment