Friday, December 4, 2009

A few dark nights

I’m not sure what is happening this week, but I’ve been having a series of nightmares that have been waking me up each night. Other than one week during my first month here in India, it’s quite unusual for me to have nightmares and so I’m finding it unsettling.

First, I had a dream that I didn’t check my calendar and missed some key meetings my first week back at work and got in a lot of trouble with my new VP. Then I dreamed someone was trying to kill me (or maybe a friend?). Finally I dreamed that I accidentally discovered that a good friend of mine with a seemingly perfect marriage was having an affair. (That last one may have actually been inspired by all of the media coverage this week on Tiger Woods’ ordeal)

We’ve been really busy lately and had some late nights at Oasis this week, so maybe the stress is getting to me. But more likely, I’d bet it’s just a combination of things I’ve seen and heard in the news lately combined with stress from knowing that I have to leave here in just a few days and go back to the frantic world of my “real” job.

Either way, I’m really looking forward to a fun weekend of sightseeing in Jaipur, a northern city that is famous for it’s pink palaces. I’m leaving tonight with Ashwi (one of my “host family’s” daughters) and it should be a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment