Sunday, August 14, 2011

A date night suprise & a visit from Dad

Friday night I planned a surprise for Dana. After we had a call with our cat psychiatrist (don't ask), we dropped off dinner for the Boyles so that we could visit their new baby Matthew again.


Following that, we went on a "progressive" date, stopping at 3 places (appetizer, entree, dessert). Dana knew there was a pattern, and he was supposed to guess what it was. The restaurants I chose were based on his initials (Dana LeRoy Allen - so DLA). I had planned to go to Dish, La Duni and Artins. Amazingly, he guessed the pattern right away (he's just that smart) and decided he instead wanted to go to Dish, Local and Abacus. Anyways, it was a memorable evening with amazing food - and way too much of it!

I also gave him a bag of presents that represented things I love about him (really I just rewrapped things we already had - it was the message behind them that mattered). He unwrapped: a measuring spoon (because I love our precious time on Saturday mornings when he makes me breakfast), a photo of us in Vietnam (because he is the best travel partner I could ever imagine - and I also think he's gorgeous :-)), a love letter he once wrote me (because I love how great he is with words of affirmation, and a book "The Power of a Praying Couple" because I love how he is a spiritual leader in our home.

Saturday we had a leisurely day and just enjoyed having our last precious "me time" that we'll likely have for awhile. Christine got a prenatal massage and Dana played around with his new camera that he recently picked up in anticipation of taking a lot of baby pics. This weekend also kicked off Dallas' Restaurant Week so we enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Silver Fox steakhouse with Nicole and Stan. The food was really amazing, and it was great to catch up with them before Reese arrives!

Sunday Christine's dad came to visit for the day on his way home to St. Louis, during a stopover from Chile. We had a really nice day together eating brunch at Breadwinners, going to Watermark Church, shopping at Central Market and then cooking up a delicious spread for dinner.

Tomorrow we're going to Ken Rathbun's Blue Plate Kitchen for dinner and then on Thursday we're headed to Nobu with Janelle (I think the plan is to just stuff ourselves silly before the baby comes and spend all of our money, so that we're happy to stay home for awhile!)

No comments:

Post a Comment