Monday, October 10, 2011

Enjoying a leisurely weekend...


Friday our neighborhood hosted an outdoor jazz concert for residents. We have a really nice amphitheater on a grassy hill where the musician performed. Everyone packed a blanket and a picnic dinner (we had gruyere cheese with pretzel crisps, bruschetta, veggies and dip, a garden salad with lime dressing, spinach and mozzarella ravioli, carrot cake, wine and champagne... so much goodness) We met the Fox family there to enjoy the nice weather and pretty music. Other than the bugs, it was truly a perfect evening! My mom and I have always loved outdoor concerts, and this was one of the best ones ever (since it was free and right here in our neighborhood). Such an easy night out with a baby!


Saturday morning Dana made some delicious aebelskivers (little pancake balls) for our breakfast. That night we had scheduled a double date with the Wannemachers to see the movie "Courageous". Ryan got sick so instead we stayed home and Dana planned an Italian-themed date night. He made an AMAZING eggplant parmesan (seriously one of the best meals I've ever had) and we watched the movie the Godfather. Although I resisted seeing this movie for the 9 years we've been together, I really liked it!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think I would like it, either, but I ended up enjoying all three godfather movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yawn pic! She is just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete