Monday, October 15, 2012

Wine Country Weddings


October 13 I had the pleasure of seeing two people who I love dearly get married. My friend Janelle married Mike Zbuchalski in a beautiful ceremony that was incredibly touching for me, as I take some credit in them getting together (since I suggested to her that they'd be a great couple). Dana's brother, Sam, also chose this date to wed his fiancee Sheena. Lucky for us, both weddings ended up being in California wine country, so I was able to attend both of them on the same day! We stayed for a long weekend at an amazing resort in St. Helena called Meadowood. This place was truly incredible, and it was super convenient because that's where the wedding happened on Saturday and a croquet event on Sunday. Our wonderful in-laws babysat Reese so that Dana and I could escape to get a couples massage at the spa. It was blissful to have a quiet morning away to ourselves! The wedding weekend was the most incredible that I've ever experienced... and that says a lot since we've been to quite a few weddings! Every detail was just amazingly thought through. It was like we were in a Martha Stewart magazine for the weekend! Events included a lakeside BBQ at Stags Leap winery, an incredible many many many course meal at Redd Wood restaurant, a beautiful outdoor wedding followed by a traditional Chinese tea ceremony, a black tie reception and a croquet brunch. Dana was the best man and he gave a really touching speech, despite the fact that all 3 of us were so, so sick! We almost didn't make it to the wedding at all, and I had to back out of doing a reading at the ceremony because I was so hoarse. It was a weekend we'll never forget... and we are so grateful to Sam and Sheena for their incredible hospitality. We wish both Sam and Sheena, and Janelle and Mike a lifetime of happiness and wedded bliss. We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment