Sunday, September 21, 2008

Germans, Fighting Knights and 10K Races


Dana is in Chicago this weekend for a guys weekend. He's having a blast and been doing so many things that I can't even summarize them here. He'll have to add them later! Highlights are probably seeing the Cubs play at Wrigley on a beautiful day, catching up with a lot of friends he doesn't get to see often, and eating a lot of good food.

This weekend I was busy! Saturday I ran the 10K Tour des Fleurs race at White Rock lake with my friend Ryan (from my church group). I absolutely loved it! I am NOT a runner... yet I ran the whole way (or jogged at least) and I loved every second of it. I'm hooked! Now I'm looking for a 15K or half marathon perhaps for later this year.

My dad got stuck here again on his way to Chile (American seems to always have plane issues when he is flying through Dallas). The upside was that we had a really nice afternoon together and enjoyed lunch on the patio at Taco Diner.

After that I went to the Octoberfest with the Cavins and Boyles. There's nothing like good German beer, sausage and streudel to gain back the calories you burn off in a 10K. The weather has been BEAUTIFUL here though, so it was just fantastic to walk around outside.

Finally I went to Medieval Times for dinner in honor of Erol and Will's birthdays. Although the event is probably targeted to 14 year olds, I was excited because I've always wanted to go. The show was pretty cool! More high-tech than I had imagined. My (blue) knight didn't win, but he still performed well. The food was absolutely horrible, so I was glad I had indulged at the Octoberfest festival.

The sermon at church today was awesome as usual. I feel so blessed to have found Watermark. It was all about money, and how materialism in Dallas is such a problem. "Generosity is the antidote to Materialism" was the big takeaway, and I couldn't agree more. The message was basically about the importance of volunteering with and giving to those less fortunate instead of focusing on ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 10K, Christine! That is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10K, congrats! I knew you could do it! Didn't I tell you it is addicting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 10K! I knew you could do it. Didn't I tell you it is addicting?

    ReplyDelete