Sunday, September 28, 2008

What a weekend!

The Allens are all having such exciting weekends! Ron & Judy are off exploring Hawaii, including enjoying a helicopter ride on Kauai. Sam is watching the Formula 1 Race in Singapore. And we indulged in a once in a lifetime meal with friends at the Mansion on Turtle Creek.

As a treat for work well done, work sent us off to have dinner last night at a place of our choosing. So we choose the 6 course chef's tasting menu (which was really closer to a 9 course meal) at the Mansion. Nicole and Stan joined us for what was certainly an event we'll never forget! The experience was beyond anything I could have ever imagined - even some of the fanciest restaurants I'd had the chance to dine at in NYC didn't come close. I broke all of the rules on things I "won't eat" and even tried foie gras and oysters. Now I'm not saying that I'll eat them again, but I'm glad I tried them once. We had matched wines with every course but I'm such a light weight that I just ended up with a row of glasses across the table since I couldn't keep up. One of my favorites was "Divine Drippings", a sweet sake that they paired with our oysters.

No comments:

Post a Comment