Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Deep thought of the week

This past week has had some ups and downs for us... In light of this, I am especially grateful for God's presence in our lives. Specifically, my book club just finished reading "The Shack" and Dana and I started a new class at church called "Equipped Disciple" which really gets back to the basics (i.e. scripture reading, memorization) for walking close with God.
The combination of these 2 things (plus our awesome community group) has really helped me focus on our eternal life rather than our earthly life. Also, someone recently told an interesting story. "Be careful that you don't try so hard to run up the mountain, only to get to the top and realize you've climbed the wrong one". Sometimes I think it's important for us to evaluate the things we're prioritizing in our lives and working so hard to achieve to make sure they're the right things. They might just not be as important as we once thought...
Whew, that's a lot to think about.

5 comments:

  1. I hope everything's ok! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to hear what you and your group thought of The Shack.
    Have a great time in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought provoking and insightful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete