Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Changes Ahead

Most of you know that a lot of people are moving around roles right now at F-L. This is common... it happens at least 2x per year and typically each of us will shuffle around in one of these bi-annual moves.

So we've been waiting patiently and expecting to hear about changes for the past month or so. Today I found out that I will be moving on to our "Core Innovation" team. What that means is that I will be creating new products for Tostitos and Dips/Salsas.

This is big for 2 reasons.... First, it's my 1st assignment on a big "core" brand. (That is how we refer to anything that is roughly a billion dollars in sales or more) I've built my career to date working on our smaller, health & wellness brands. They're somewhat niche in appeal, but I love them. So this will be very different. It will be a learning experience for sure.

Second, work also let me know that they are approving my Leave of Absence to go to India to volunteer for 3 months. They've gone back and forth on this recently due to a staffing shortage, but I am now set to go in September! This should work out perfectly since the weather will be nicer in the Fall and I'll have more time to get tickets, a visa, and coordinate my plans. I'm really excited to take the "road less traveled" on this and get out there to really experience life and try to help others.

I guess this means no Thanksgiving with our families in Dallas this year, but I look forward to many more in the years ahead. I hope everyone can meet me in India for Thanksgiving or Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the India sign-off! I am SO excited for you! Good luck with your new job - talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is working out! We'll be anxious to talk and hear more. How exciting...

    ReplyDelete