Sunday, May 17, 2009

Run & Fun

Friday we had a really nice date night at this new Turkish place (Cafe Istanbul) that opened in Legacy Center. It was delicious and the prices were surprisingly good. Everyone seems to be raving about it lately!

Saturday I had my first Swap Party. Due to the recent "green" trends, swap parties are the latest way to "recycle" and update your wardrobe or home without buying new things. I think I'm hooked! 4 of my friends met and we all seemed to walk away with a lot of stuff we loved and it was free! Guilt-free shopping. What could be better. It went so well that I think I'm going to try it again next weekend with new friends!
Today I ran my 2nd half-marathon with Christina and I have to say it was A LOT easier than the first. Perhaps your body just gets used to it, or perhaps it was because it was 65 and sunny instead of 35, windy and rainy like the last one.

Afterwards Ryan & Stephanie hosted a yummy brunch for our community group. Stephanie is quite the little Martha Stewart so I always love any occasion to get together at her house. I leave inspired! They're expecting their first child in September and the baby room is looking super cute. I also love getting together with our small group because they're a bunch of goof balls and we love them. Brunch ended in a leg wrestling war if that gives you any idea.... : )

On our way home we did some shopping and then hit Paciugo for my favorite Sea Salted Caramel gelato that I'm always talking about. This evening I visited Paul & Kori to meet Baby Colt. Such a cutie! Kori seems to be doing great (even after a challenging labor) and also has put such a creative touch on Dane and Colt's rooms. No doubt about it - it was a terrific day.

No comments:

Post a Comment