Saturday, June 6, 2009

Movies, Music and Missions

This weekend was packed! Friday I rewatched "Fireproof": a must-see movie for anyone who is married. It's such a great reminder on how to maintain a solid marriage. I had such a good cry (most movies make me cry - even Disney) and it felt great. Dana golfed with buddies with work so we both had good "me time".

Saturday I did the "Race for the Cure" with a bunch of girls from work. It was an absolutely beautiful day and it was fun to see Smartfood being sampled to a lot of eager women!

After brunch at my favorite brunch spot (Breadwinners), I took an awesome nap (my favorite activity really) and then did a dance class with more girlfriends from work. I'm using the term "dance class" here loosely.... It was fun, but really tough!

Saturday night the Hottingers invited us to the George Strait concert with a bunch of other friends from work. So fun! It was the first event at the new Cowboys Stadium, which is the largest domed structure in the world and totally amazing. The HD screen in the middle was pretty much the size of the football field! We were lucky to have seats in a super nice box as part of a Mercedes event. Go Mercedes! For those of you we don't work with, this might sounds like a lot of "work" events, but really it's a testimony of how much people from FL are a part of our lives.

Sunday the founder of the International Justice Mission (IJM) spoke at our church. Gary Haugen changed my life when I heard him speak a year ago at a Leadership Conference. His organization fights to save children who are victims of slavery or the sex trafficking industry. It was a dream come true to meet someone who I admire so much in person! Everytime I hear someone like him speak I feel like God is hitting me over the head telling me to go do something important with my life and not get caught up in the small details of life that just distract us from being his agents of change on earth. Luckily, I'll actually be partnering with IJM a bit in India on rescuing minors from brothels and rehabilitating them.

Afterwards I had another Swap party where I traded clothes and home decor with friends. Everyone ended up with so much great stuff! I'm really becoming addicted to these exchanges now. They are the essence of guilt-free shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment