Friday, July 22, 2011

Picking a name...

Dana and I are quite the Marketers. Rather than keeping our baby name a secret (as most people I know tend to do), we've been trying to do focus groups along the way to ensure we have a winner! While it's impossible to please everyone, we're glad we got some great feedback along the way and we're quite happy with Reese.

Now Reese's middle name has been TOUGH. Why you ask? I have no idea. We just had a trillion names we liked and couldn't decide. We finally narrowed it down to 4 (Reese Ryan, Reese Reyna, Reese McKenna and Reese Elizabeth) and I resorted to a poll on Facebook and Babycenter.com. A bit ridiculous, I know, but really we liked them all and were never going to be able to decide without help!

150 votes later, Reese Elizabeth is the CLEAR winner. I've liked this name all along (since my middle name is Elizabeth and Dana's grandmother was named Elsie - which according to my baby books is a nickname of Elizabeth). Dana has not been a fan (it just felt too "vanilla" to him), but I think the polls have won him over!

McKenna came in 2nd and we really like that name, but we think we'll save it as a strong contender for a first name in case we have another girl down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment