Saturday, September 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!



So the day has finally come and I'm 31!! It really feels a lot different from 30, which is strange. Last night Dana and I enjoyed my absolute favorite Almond Champagne (discovered years ago at Travis' wedding) and we had a blast opening all of my gifts. I should mention that before that Hillary and I went for Sushi (who knew that Blue Fish turned into such a hot spot at night?) and she gave me the awesome Nike iSport Kit that helps you track how far you run and how many calories you burn. I can't wait to use it! Anyhow, I have to say that my favorite gift of all was a picture of my niece Larkin in head-to-toe Frito-Lay attire. Ana dressed her in a Cheetos t-shirt and had her eating Flat Earth chips next to a huge stuffed Chester Cheetah. If you knew how much our lives pretty much revolve around our nieces and Frito-Lay (hopefully it's not as bad as that sounds) then you'd understand how perfect the picture was.

On top of that, work treated me to a golf lesson yesterday for my b-day and then sent my friend Nicole and I golfing. We only got through about 4 holes but it was a great intro into the world of golf. I can't wait to do it again!!

In about 5 hours we're off to Portland. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Christine! It sounds like you've had a wonderful time and are sure to extend the festivities through your Portland weekend. I'm glad you liked the Larkin photo...Chester has been enjoying quite a lot of activity around here lately. :-)

    ReplyDelete