Tuesday, September 4, 2007

We're Back!

We're back home now after a whirlwind trip to Portland. The first few days were focused on my friend Amy's wedding. Amy is my oldest friend in the world (I've known her since I was 5) and this was the perfect wedding in every way. It was outdoors at a majestic winery on a perfectly gorgeous day. It was simple and classy and laid-back and just felt... completely awesome and romantic. We spent most of our time catching up with Rachael (who I've known since I was 6) and her adorable family.

After that we had some quality time with my sister Mary. We visited her church (incredible music!), walked through the famous Japanese Gardens and experienced the Oregon State Fair. The Fair was so fun! It had something for each of us. We drank Oregon wines, checked out art exhibits (we took some good quilt and cake pics for Judy and Stephanie!), enjoyed an amazing photography exhibit, laughed through Pig Olympics, watched the Purina Dog Games (those dogs are really talented), ate good food and actually sat through our 1st Demolition Derby - it was quite unforgettable! Mary and I were worried that one of the cars might blow up - but other than that it was entertaining.

Hope you all had a nice long Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment