Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Strong Women

Today I attended a conference on Strong Women in Chicago. It was a great chance to catch up with our friend Lindsay Daigle, who recently transferred from Frito up to Tropicana in Chicago.

The first speaker said that "Strong Women are healthy in mind, body and spirit and are making a difference in the world". I found that very inspiring. I think that my goal now is to be a Strong Woman...

Interesting things I learned from Harvard/Columbia experts:
1. Heart Disease is the #1 killer of women (kills more women than men!)
2. Diet influences weight loss more than exercise (I guess the Fitness Challenge at work isn't going to do me a lot of good if I still eat McDonalds!)
3. Most people don't need to take supplements, but women do need more vitamin D, Calcium and Folic Acid (if they are getting pregnant)
4. Women have MAJOR biological/chemical differences from men that cause us to react to situations differently. It's not just cultural! As one expert put it - "It's amazing we ever get to the altar, much less to bed"
5. "Infatuation" lasts until about 4-7 years into a relationship and then you really see your partner for who they are
6. Women should marry someone 10 years younger for optimal sexual compatibility
7. Statistics show that the stress level of working women is much higher than working men (it's actually similar to men in combat!)

Last but not least, congratulations to the Baylesses and Hatchs on their new babies!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good conference, Christine! Thanks for sharing some of the things you learned. I always love reading your blog and hearing what you have been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like Eat, Pray, Love? I just finished it today and thought it was wonderful! The author really has a way with words.

    I read The Red Tent years ago and enjoyed it, too.

    ReplyDelete