Thursday, October 30, 2008

Christine heads home to St. Louie

I seem to be traveling a lot for work lately and this week I had the good luck of being sent to St. Louis. Ironically, I had meetings 5 minutes from where I grew up! The meetings went great and I was able to spend some really wonderful quality time with my mother and grandfather. The highlights of my brief trip were 1) discovering that one of the people I was meeting with was the younger sister of one of my dear highschool friends (Jody Meyers) 2) meeting my grandfather's friend at the lavish retirement home he now lives in and finding out she's the spunky mother-in-law of a previous Pepsi CEO (we work for Pepsico) and 3) discovering that my sweet, sweet 93 yr. old grandfather has a secret subscription to Playboy. Astounding really. I'm not sure if I was more shocked because it seems so completely out of character for him or because he's 93 - but I thought it was pretty hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment