Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just enjoying Spring...

This weekend was fantastically low-key. Friday night we enjoyed sushi and sake during a relaxing date night.

Saturday Dana made banana pancakes for brunch ... which brought back a lot of fond memories since we ate them a lot during a previous trip to Thailand. After lounging in my pajamas until 4 PM (I'm really going to miss lazy Saturdays some day when we have kids!), we went out to celebrate Carl's birthday. The Reeses ice cream cake was way too good.

Sunday I ran 10.3 miles at White Rock Lake. (Yay! I was pretty proud of myself) It was such a gorgeous day! I can't think of anything I would have rather been doing. My half-marathon is next weekend so wish me luck... Then Dana made a yummy brunch (Raspberry Almonds Muffins and an egg dish). I soaked in the sun by gardening a bit and reading by the pool during the afternoon, finishing my book before book club tomorrow night. I'm actually reading two - one is the "Ex-Dubutante" which is my fluffy book club book and the other is non-fiction about a woman who was once sold as a sex slave in Cambodia - totally tragic and heartbreaking story. Dana enjoyed an afternoon of watching Formula One (you may not know that he is fairly addicted to this sport).

Tonight I just had to have my new favorite food - Sea Salted Caramel gelato. So off to Paciugo I went! It was so worth it... I just realized that I write a lot about food, don't I?

1 comment:

  1. I always get hungry when I read your blog. All of Dana's creations sound yummy and that gelato sounds amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete