Sunday, April 5, 2009

A busy weekend of mimosas and marathons


This weekend seemed to fly by and sadly, it's already Sunday night.
Friday night we went to a concert and a very cool winery & wine bar with our church community group. The concert was sort of the equivalent of a Lollapalooza, but with Christian rock bands.

Saturday it was 80 degrees and sunny here (absolutely my perfect type of weather) so after a lovely brunch for our friend Kori Hatch's 2nd baby shower (looking forward to meeting "Colt" Hatch in 2 weeks!), I spent most of the day out by the pool reading. Saturday night I joined my running team at this amazing restaurant called Taverna for a carb-loading dinner. Absolutely incredible. I had lobster risotto, porcini mushroom lasagna and chocolate molten cake - pure gluttony. If I could go back tonight, I would!!!

Sunday was the big day of the race. I thought about crawling back into bed when I woke up to 45 degree weather and intense winds, but I ran the race and finished with no incidents!!! My running partner, Christina, and I ran 10 min. 10 second miles. Given the crazy winds, I was so proud of us. We finished the race with a huge brunch and mimosas to celebrate at Ozona. We're thinking of running another half-marathon on May 18 since this one was so fun!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Nice work accomplishing your goal and doing a great job - and thanks for coming to my shower, you are such a sweetheart and class act!

    ReplyDelete