Sunday, April 19, 2009

Game Night & Living Green

Friday night we cooked a nice dinner and enjoyed "date night" at home. We had a lot of fun playing "Quinto" a 3M game that came out in the 60s! It's so funny how some of our favorite games have been around for decades. I was even thinking it will be fun to play one day with our kids (as it teaches good math skills).

Saturday we attended a "Live Green" Expo. The highlight for me was discovering this group that organizes fashion swap parties so that you can update your wardrobe in earth-friendly, economical ways. I was so inspired that I'm now planning a Swap Party for my friends!

Saturday night the girls got together for wine and chocolate cake in honor of Kate's birthday. It felt so nice to kick back and catch up! The guys also got together to watch the NBA playoff game.

Today we're just relaxing before we get together with our church community group. I'm having a blast just sitting her online planning our upcoming anniversary (5 years!!!). We're going to spend it in California (2 days at Hotel Bel-Air, a weekend in Santa Monica and the MTV Movie Awards. Yay!!!! It's going to be amazing).

It's a beautiful day outside so I'm going to run 9 miles at White Rock lake. It's amazing to me that that doesn't even sound intimidating to me anymore. I've come so far this past year! My goal is to now run that every weekend we're in town (before it gets too hot at least) so that I can run half-marathons whenever they come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment