Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Best Day Ever!


This week I was able to cross something off my "life list" that I'd been thinking about for years. I scored 4 tickets to an Oprah show in Chicago, and was able to take 3 of my best friends to enjoy the experience with me (Hillary, Lindsay and Jenny).

The show was really fun. It featured the World's Most Talented Kids and it airs May 18. The kids were AMAZING. We listed to the world's best piano player (experts say he'll be the best for at least the next 50 years), saw a dance performer George who won "Britain's Got Talent" (which is somewhat like our American Idol - but I loved it even more since I'm addicted to the show "so you think you can dance"). There were also 2 unbelievable singers. A 14-year old Norweigian girl (Nora Foss) sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and Charisse from the Phillipines sang this new single "A Note to God" - amazing.... (she's supposed to be the next Whitney Houston). They will both be very big in the US soon.


At the end, Taylor Swift came out (I love her!!!) and then everyone in the audience was given free XBox game systems and a year subscription to Netflix. What a day! I couldn't stop screaming.

What makes it even better was that Hillary's family had "Oprah" connections, so we ended up in the front row!!! It was very cool. I guarantee that the other 250 women in the audience hated us because we got a lot of special treatment. Afterwards, we were the only people allowed backstage to personally meet Oprah and her dog and take a photo with her (I can't post it because they're shipping it). Here are a few pics from brunch afterwards where we really just sat in disbelief at the experience we had had.

It really was a dream come true!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! What a way to check something off your life list! So glad everything was off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited just reading this! I'm really happy for you and very jealous!

    ReplyDelete