Sunday, April 26, 2009

Parties and Powerpoint Decks

We're in the last week of "busy season" at work so I don't have a lot of pictures to share from this weekend. That being said, even acknowledging we have a "busy season" makes me laugh, since we all know it's always busy!

Friday night we had a fun Game Night with Nicole and Stan. They cooked a delicious Mexican dinner (which I am totally going to rip off for my Cinco de Mayo book club dinner next week!) and taught us a fun game called "Ticket to Ride".

Saturday we were double-booked so we had to divide and conquer. Dana went to birthday party for three 3-year olds. He even had to pick out the gifts and wrap them himself. It was so cute. He said any excuse to drink beer with friends and hang outside on a nice day is a fine by him : )

My friend Lindsay was celebrating her birthday as well so I had a girls day with my community group. It was soooo perfect. We met early for coffee at Starbucks, went and got manis and pedis in a private room at the spa, lunched at the Cheesecake Factory and then shopped all afternoon at 2 outdoor malls. The sales were amazing so I picked up a lot of clothes (that hopefully will work either for here or India). The weather was really nice and it was just a wonderfully relaxing day.

At least, it was relaxing until I realized that I was 1.5 hours late for a baby shower that I thought started much later. Whoops... Luckily I made it to Preeti's celebration in time to see her open her gifts!

Today I ran White Rock lake again (but it was really, really hard today!). Then I picked up MORE BABY GIFTS (because I seriously do have at least one shower per weekend these days). Later, Dana and I made dinner and cupcakes for the Walshs, who just had twins. It was fun to meet the little ones! At just 5 lbs, Daniel and Grace are just so tiny and sweet. Carrie and Dan seem to be doing great!

Tonight our friends Gretchen and Brian tried to convince us to try out for the Amazing Race. Apparently they've thought we would be competitors on the AR for awhile, and it so happens that the auditions are coming to Dallas next weekend. I'm so flattered that they think we would be good at that show! Unfortunately, we're also too busy to make an audition tape in the next week, but it's fun to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment