Sunday, January 27, 2008

A laid back weekend

After being in Miami and Mexico the past 2 weekends, we needed a break! This weekend was wonderfully low key. I had a fun girls night on Friday with Hillary and Rachel where we just got take-out and watched "Can't Buy Me Love". Such a classic!
Saturday we "organized" and did our 2008 budget. Such an important task - but it took 5 hours. Ugh. So glad it's over. Church was awesome today. Our pastor gave an inspiring talk about doing more to help serve our community (in Dallas and internationally) with our $$ and our time. I'm feeling so motivated to do... something. Anything really. We've been blessed with so much.
After that our AWESOME small group met to review our budgets and discuss our financial situations. This group really rocks and in addition to building strong friendships, we're keeping each other accountable to spending and investing our money wisely. I love it.
This afternoon we finally took the class necessary to "join" our church. Only took us 3 years to decide to do it! I guess we took the decision seriously. Anyhow, I guess that means we're almost official.
On a different note, for anyone on the South Beach diet I highly recommend the Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes". They're actually really good! Even if I wasn't on the diet I'd eat them. I'm getting REALLY tired of flavored Ricotta cheese desserts though. Only one more week of Phase 1! I've dropped 4 lbs in a week, but really it was just what I gained in Miami with all of our drinking so I'm not truly down anything. Maybe this week! This week I'm not happy about what I know will be an incredibly busy week at work and my sweet little niece Skylar has pneumonia - but I AM looking forward to Book Club tomorrow night at Haylee's. Fun fun! We read a great book that I couldn't put down called "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan".
Lastly, I have to mention that one of my best friends in the whole world is starting up Orphans International in Tanzania. Kristie - I am so proud of you.... And our good friends the Scurlocks are preggo with their 2nd (a girl!). Congrats Laura & Chad : )

1 comment:

  1. welcome back! coincidentally, I was waiting to check out at Best Buy when a $10 DVD of Can't Buy Me Love was just staring me right in the face. I had to buy it... if only to give to my son at age 15. Who knew McDreamy would be a key influencer during puberty.

    Random fact: after seeing that movie again, do you realize who the little brother is? most people can't believe it's him. google it!

    ReplyDelete