Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Wild Weekend of Events

This weekend was full of fun for the Allens - and we weren't even together! Dana had 2 fun parties on Saturday (Sibley, Cecelia and Hudson's 2nd birthday at the Dallas Arboretum) followed by Mike and Anissa Fox's birthday bash. The weather was incredible (75 and sunny) and he really enjoyed getting to hang out with so many of our good friends and play around with his camera.
I was in St. Louis attending my 10-year college reunion at Washington University in St. Louis. 7 of the Kappa Kappa Gammas in my class made it back (and we really missed Sara and Caroline)! It was great to see how much campus has changed. It's soooooo beautiful. I really wanted to attend college all over again. I hope my children at least consider going there one day. It's now ranked #12 in the country, so they'd better be really smart! I'm not so confident I could get in today : )
We had cocktail parties on campus and at Sqwires, enjoyed pitchers at Blueberry Hill (one of Wash U's more popular bars), ate Toasted Ravioli (it's really fried - and a St. Louis specialty) at the school's annual Thurtene Carnival and indulged in delicious crepes at the City Creperie. The reunion didn't have a huge turnout, but we had a lot of fun time just seeing each other. Saying goodbye wasn't too bad, since I'll see the girls again in 3 weeks on Caroline's bachelorette cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment