Monday, November 9, 2009

Big Bucks, Big Bucks, Big Bucks

Today we're working on writing grant proposals for the anti-human trafficking team. It is a great learning experience for me, and part of me wishes I had a copy of "Grant Writing for Dummies" to help me out!

On a different note, one of the amazing women in our vocational training program has asked me to pray for her. Her family of 5 currently shares a one room home that costs $20 a month. The landlord is upping the rent to $23 and the price is too steep for her family, so she must move and is praying to find a home she can afford. Can you imagine praying to find a home that you can afford that a) is one room for 5 people and b) costs $20? It's moments like these that really put things in perspective for me. And she's one of the "lucky" ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment