Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Small reminders that make me smile

I think of friends back home often, especially when I use my thoughtful going-away gifts. I read the bible verses in my quiet time journal each morning and pray for my church community group. I use my notebooks and pens from Marissa and Mary everyday. I’ve enjoyed reading Dave’s book on Tales of India almost every evening. My notecards have come in handy when I want to thank someone for their hospitality. Using my scented hand sanitizers from Nicole and others always gives me a pick-me up – it’s as good as aromatherapy and everyone in the office enjoys the smells. On cool nights I use my warm, fuzzy, moisturizing socks and think of Katherine. I eat Preeti’s and Rachel’s granola bars every morning (to make it through to their late lunches in India) and try to share them with the girls in the vocational program as well since they don’t seem to get much to eat. The last time I shared a small Quaker chewy granola bar, the young woman came back the next day to say she broke it into 4 pieces to share with her entire family, because she won’t eat anything without first making sure that her kids are fed. Wow. I think of Nicole and others when I use the face wipes at night to wipe the dust off my face. I packed far too many wet wipes than I’ll actually use, but the orphanage is going to be thrilled to have them when I leave! And I absolutely can’t wait to enjoy the mani/pedi from Graybill and my work team and champagne from Rich when I return. I really miss these treats!!! So just know that all of you are in my thoughts all of the time and I look forward to our reunion : )

1 comment:

  1. We are all looking forward to our reunion too! So glad you are feeling the love and support from the States b/c you are so dearly loved here!

    ReplyDelete