Saturday, November 21, 2009

An usual way to commit a crime...

For the most part, I'm going to miss India terribly. Life here is a thrill everyday, and the people I am surrounded by are so full of hospitality, compassion and love!

However, there are definitely some weird things that go on in India as well. This week on the news they were talking about autorickshaw drivers who prey on single female passengers and spray them in the face with some chemical that makes them pass out. Then they rape and kill them. Fascinating....

Then my friend Karen said that it's actually a common enough occurrence that there's a term used for it in India (which I can't remember), and burglars do it too (use the spray to make people pass out, then rape and rob them). I'm actually pretty surprised that this strange way of committing a crime has not spread around the world yet (to the best of my knowledge anyways). Craziness!

In light of all that please know that I'm being careful, and if any of my day-to-day activities sound a little dangerous, accept that there is a certain amount of danger everywhere and you have to pray and trust the Lord to protect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment