Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Gifts God has given us

Today I had a lot of fun leading a devotion with the young women in our vocational training program. We talked about God's grace, the gifts that God has given each of us, and how we can use those to serve others.


My Community Group back home in Dallas made me this awesome compilation of inspirational bible verses for my "quiet times" in India, and I was inspired to do this devotion from one of these verses (1 Peter 4:10):

“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms”

Each girl was supposed to write down some of the gifts that she felt God had given her, along with an action plan on how she could use those gifts to help others in the next 30 days.

The devotion had to be translated due to the different languages everyone spoke, so not everyone understood exactly what we were trying to do (which was capture their "internal" or "personal" gifts). But everyone did understand the idea of thinking of the gifts God has given us. The girls said that their "greatest gift" was Karen and I spending time with them to teach them about the Lord. How wonderful is that? I almost started crying and barely could finish the devotion time.

Every day here is so incredibly precious....

1 comment: