Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My new friends: some beneficiaries of "Operation Banana"


These kids follow me home everyday now after I drop off bananas in their slum community. They usually grab my hand and give me a baby to carry.
They are so darn cute. They are smart too. First they ask for money. When they realize I won't give them that, they ask for chocolate. When they realize they aren't getting that they ask for shoes and school notebooks. When I say no, they start singing me sweet songs, usually about Jesus. At that point I usually cave in and get them something. I think they have me all figured out... I'm telling you, really smart kids.

I've been back to Mother Theresa's orphanage a few times to volunteer (changing, feeding and playing with the children) and that's also continued to be a good experience, but they don't allow any photos to be taken.

Friday I head to Goa for a relaxing weekend, just hanging out by myself on Palolem Beach and reading a good book. I can't believe I only have 3 weeks left! Dana and the Allens will be here soon and then we're off to explore the rest of India : )

No comments:

Post a Comment