Monday, November 16, 2009

Operation Banana

Mandy Lozano kindly gave me some rupees before I left for India with a note saying “please make sure to use this for someone in need”. Thus, today I’m kicking off “Operation Banana” (a.k.a. my personal version of “Project Hope”). Every day I am planning to visit this community and bring them bananas.

For the hundreds of people that have to live, wash, cook (and even poo) on this public road, this fruit may be their only meal all day. Malnutrition is a huge issue in India. Mandy’s rupees will result in over 650 "meals". Thanks Mandy!

On a different note, I really feel like I’ve been getting “signs” lately that I’m supposed to return to work at Frito. Not that this was ever a big question in my mind, but you never know how experiences like this will alter your perspective. I felt it first in our day of Prayer on Friday, then Friday night I noticed some great product placement of our Baked! products in the movie “2012” and then Saturday I was watching a Cricket match on TV and Pepsi’s advertising was everywhere in the stadium. And when I flipped the channel it went to “Jaya” TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment