Monday, September 21, 2009

Halfway to India


Leg 1 of my trip has been uneventful and I'm now sitting in London's Heathrow airport. I'm thankful so far that: a) I was able to sleep on the first flight and b) I decided to pack a really warm, soft, snuggly blanket for the plane and these amazing moisturizing socks that KK gave me as a travel gift - they were fantastic for the long flight!

I haven't been to London since I studied abroad here in 1997. Even just being in the airport brings me a feeling of excitement. I love their accents! I should definitely make a point to come back here sometime in the future for a few days...

4 comments:

  1. Glad your travels are going smoothly so far! We missed you yesterday at CG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you and glad you slept!
    Hugs from Ron and Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for safe travels and a great first day in India! Miss you already!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly girl - of COURSE you should come back and stay with us! We live 15 minutes away from Heathrow and have LOTS of room. We'd love to see you!!

    Andrea & Greg Lyons

    ReplyDelete