Thursday, September 24, 2009

Multiply God's Love

Today Barry (the other US volunteer who is here) and I led worship and prayer for the Oasis employees. Each Friday they come early to work to praise the Lord together and find renewal for the challenging work that they do.

I absolutely loved the words from one of the songs that we sang and so I'll share it with you. I think I would like to use it ongoing as a life prayer:

"Multiply Your Love"

Multiply your love through us
To the lost and the least
Let us be your healing hands
Your instruments of peace

May our single purpose be
To imitate your life
Through our simple words and deeds
Let love be multiplied

Multiply your love through me
To someone in need
Help me Lord to freely give
This grace that I've received

Let my single purpose be
To imitate your life
Through my simple words and deeds
Let love be multiplied


We also celebrated the birthday of the AMAZING woman who leads the anti-trafficking team. The team chipped in to buy her a cake and a pretty new outfit. The clothes here are GORGEOUS and I've found that you really can't judge a book by its cover. Even some of the women in the slums are dressed in stunning saris that look clean and pressed. I'm not sure how they do it, but they definitely take pride in having a nice appearance.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you and still praying for you. Sounds like you are being able to use a lot of your gifts and you are already being stretched!
    Love you,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful song! I love it!

    Love, Kristie

    ReplyDelete