Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

This week I turned 33. While I don't love that number, I'm not feeling "old" just quite yet. In fact, I feel very alive and eagerly looking forward to the year ahead. Life is good and I am healthy and incredibly blessed. What more could I ask for?

My birthday itself was pretty low-key. As much as I tried to get out of working, I ended up in the office by 7:30 AM (which unfortunately is becomingly pretty typical these days). But the day got better as I spent the afternoon in training and connecting with the wonderful women in my department.

Afterwards, I attended dinner out with a few of my favorite gals for book club and it was a lot of fun. The weather has been perfect this week so we just enjoyed our wine out on a restaurant patio that was beautifully lit with white lights. This month we read "The Screwtape Letters" so we also had a really interesting discussion about faith. All in all, a perfect night in my opinion.

My "big" birthday celebration comes on the 12th when we throw a big Indian-themed "Going Away/Birthday Party". I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment