Friday, October 9, 2009

Arrived in Mumbai safely...

I arrived safely in Mumbai with no issues. I flew a discount airline called Spice Jet and it was actually pretty nice - better than Southwest in my opinion. The Mumbai airport is also quite nice.

I'm now sitting in the Mumbai Oasis office. We passed a lot of slum conditions on the drive from the airport to the office. The Oasis office here is somewhat bigger than the Bangalore office, with a mix of people in western attire and Indian attire (Bangalore is all Indian attire). It feels sort of like a start-up company office, and I met one other volunteer here from the UK. Everything smells like urine and my computer somehow has an ant infestation. But I am safe and no one has hassled me or stolen my money, so life is good : )

Later today I'm taking a train (my first in India and I'm a little scared but I know it will be fine) out to PB (the home for women & children affected by HIV). Should be interesting - I love life's adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment