Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Time to Grow

This adventure is making me much more confident in my ability to travel independently. I really don’t like traveling by myself, and I tend to let Dana take the lead when we travel because he’s excellent with directions and navigation. However, Dana is not here and as my dear friend Susie warned me, plans don’t always work out the way they are supposed to in India. People say they’ll meet you and for some reason or another, they often don’t show up. So you always have to have contingency plans in place and be confident that you can find a way to figure it out yourself if need be.

My overarching contingency plan is that if all else fails, I’m going to whip out my Amex and check into a Starwood hotel until someone finds me. and believe me I’ve come close - but so far I’ve been able to be resourceful in more budget-friendly ways : )

No comments:

Post a Comment