Friday, October 9, 2009

Indian Hospitality

Indian Hospitality is unlike anything I've experience before in my life. Please are so incredibly caring and thoughtful here. In a country with that deals with corruption and poverty on a daily basis, it amazes me at how warm the people are... it really makes me feel bad for how we sometimes treat foreigners back home.

Every day here someone invites me to join them for church or to visit their family at home - and they don't just say it. Immediately after they say it, they whip out their calendar and say "when can you come?" It's very touching. Even the sweet sweet lady who cleans the office has invited me to her home. I share my lunch with her every day.

Another office worker who counsels the trafficking victims and helps them reunite with their families just wrote this to me:

"it was nice chatting with u, I love u very much, because u are a very loving person. not only me the whole ANTI-TRAFFICKING TEAM loves u very much."

That really made my day! Being around this team really keeps my spirits high in spite of the sad stories of the people we're trying to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment