Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thankful for a New Day

Last night was rough. First, I squashed a huge cockroach as it was crawling into my shoe. Then I watched about a hundred killer ants devour it… right by my bed. It was incredibly disgusting. This room is infested with critters so I’m going to move out tonight and move to the YWCA in Mumbai. I also had horrible nightmares. I dreamed that this psycho-killer was chasing me and my friends back home and that one of the girls in my book club was murdered. I felt this terrible pain and sadness and I was mourning her death when I woke up to the killer ants – it reminded me of losing Lindsey all over again. I’m not sure if it’s coincidence or not, but I had nightmares last Tuesday when I took my weekly malaria medicine. (Strange dreams can be a side effect of the medicine). However, last time I took it on a trip my dreams were wonderful, fun and creative… so this is disturbing. A friend back home who recently traveled to India mentioned that she felt that evil forces lurked here waiting to spiritually attack Christians – so that’s in the back of my mind as well. But today is a new day so I have hope it will all turn around!

1 comment:

  1. May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    May the rains fall softly on your fields..and
    until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

    ReplyDelete